Month 7 of yoga teacher training has come and gone!
I say this every month but I feel like I just started. It’s amazing how fast time goes.
Saturday, the start of month 7, seemed more like an infirmary than a yoga training. There was a large amount of people who were at some stage of sickness. At the time I felt better, just having that issue breathing (which I am still dealing with, come on lungs, let’s get better!!).
Sunday’s training class was about half full. Ironically enough, November’s training is going to have a segment on “Yoga for Immunity”.
Alright, now on to the topic of training weekend 7!
Nutrition – This month we had a guest speaker come in and speak to us on nutrition. Since it was the start of Fall, she focused on Fall food, mainly soup! It inspired me and I have made a couple of the soups! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The Farro Chickpea with Rosemary is my favorite!
- Graduation Class - One of the 500 hour students did her graduation class. Their classes are always awesome since they are set up like a workshop as opposed to a yoga class. The focus on for this class was making Mala beads and the meaning behind the beads.
- Warm Ups/Setting The Tone – During the warm-up section of the class, you introduce yourself, see the comfort and level of the class. Do you play music or go with silence? Lights on full force or dim? Start the class seated or standing? All this sets the tone for your class! Part B to this was we got to teach a warm-up sequence on small groups!
- Watch and Learn – This part of training is pretty cool. Half the class gets taught while the other half observes and takes notes. It is slightly awkward at times knowing there is 15 people watching you flow through but whatever!
- 500 Hour Student Teaching – I sat this one out. Since I was having breathing issues, I went in the other studio room to do an hour of restorative yoga. It was amazing!!!!!!!!
- Inversion Prep Talk – My favorite, inversions!!! We learned how to teach students to do inversions. Our teacher brought in a Headstand Bench and I had to own one!! Family fun for all